1. What are beeswax wraps?
Beeswax wraps are pieces organic cotton cloth that have been covered with a thin film of beeswax to make them smooth and sticky. With their clingy texture, they can be used to wrap up any kind of meat-free perishable food, keeping them safe from the spread bacteria while also allowing them to breathe.
2. How long do beeswax wraps typically last?
3. Can beeswax wraps go in the microwave?
4. Can they go in the freezer?
Yes, for up to a month.
5. Can they go in the oven?
Beeswax wraps can be used with electric ovens only. This is because the wax is flammable, and if it comes into contact with the naked flame of a gas oven it may catch fire.
6. Can I wash my beeswax wraps?
Of course! Simply place your wrap in a shallow sink or bowl of warm water and give it a gentle scrub using a soft brush and some eco-friendly soap. When you're done, give it a quick rinse and hang it up to dry.
7. What should do I when I'm finished using a beeswax wraps!
Throw it in the compost!