Avocado Sock - Nutmeg
The Avocado Sock is an all-natural, effective way to ensure you have a perfectly ripe avocado every single time.
Simply insert an un-ripened avocado into the sock, and place in a warm, dry place. Do not remove avocado from sock while ripening. Press gently on avocado through top opening to check for ripeness. Avocado is ripe when it yields to soft pressure. It will ripen in as little as 24 to 48 hours.
The natural lanolin and warmth of the wool helps to ripen the avocado more quickly and evenly. As an avocado ripens, it exudes an ethylene gas that is trapped by the avocado sock to further enhance the ripening time. The avocado always ripens perfectly in the avocado sock with no bruising and no waste.
- A unique and innovative product that speeds the ripening of delicate avocados
- Made from 100% knitted wool The natural lanolin and warmth of the wool ripens avocados evenly and gently.
- Reduces spoilage of overripe avocados and encourages customers to buy green avocados to ripen at home in the comfort of the 100% wool avocado sock
- Reduces bruising and damage from transporting ripe avocados
- 100% Canadian made and environmentally friendly made out of all natural products
- Can be used over and over again with consistent results yielding a perfectly ripe avocado every time
- Can also be used to ripen other fruits and vegetables and, once ripe, can be used to safely transport them to picnics, lunches, and any other destination